Seeking Ultra SCSI 3.3v 50 pin external pci card for Zip V200s in Dell 600SC server

Discussion in 'Dell' started by saxguy, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. saxguy

    saxguy Guest

    saxguy, Aug 4, 2004

  2. no cross posting please, this reply only to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell where it
    was read...

    you can probably get an adapter to use the existing controller in your 600sc
    with your 50pin scsi device.
    what type of scsi connector is in your 600sc? check out cablestogo.com for
    many options.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 4, 2004

  3. saxguy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes, there are various and sundry cables and adapters around. I've seen some
    which combine an internal cable and an external connector with to SCSI adapter
    connector in the middle.

    In addition to the type of SCSI connector, check the type of SCSI signalling to
    make sure it, too, is compatible between internal and external. With a newer
    system, the internal drives and SCSI adapter are likely to be low voltage
    differential (LVD). If the ZIP 2GB is the same, you are in good shape. If the
    ZIP 2GB is single-ended (SE), there may be more needed to solve the problem.
    There are also LVD-SE adapter plugs for both 50- and 68-pin... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 4, 2004