seeks pwr mgmt comments for tech article

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Alex Wolfe, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Alex Wolfe

    Alex Wolfe Guest

    For an article I'm writing for a well-known embedded quarterly on issues
    relating to the challenge of power management in smart-device design (i.e.,
    designing the system for long battery life between charges), I'm seeking a
    some quick comment from people who have experience as system integrators (as
    opposed to vendors who sell software or hardware solutions to embedded
    designers). (Yes, I know. Please don't send or post any "you are an idiot
    journalist." remarks. I have spoken to knowledgable parties for this
    article. I need this stuff as an addition.)
    Anyway, if any of you out there have worked on any embedded projects
    recently and have had to spend a bunch of time working on the power mgmt
    front to get things right (i.e., you had to remove or respec peripherals,
    had to use some of the dynamic pwr mgmt modes now finding their way into
    embedded OSes, had to go back to marketing to tell them they'er nuts, etc.),
    if you could send me a paragraph about your experience, (mainly telling me
    what you found was the biggest challenge), along with your affiliation and
    what the project was (in brief), I will be happy to use it and quote it in
    the story. (Of course, if I get too many, I will only use one or two.)
    Please send them to me directly at (I am not
    putting my prime email here, but you can pull it down from the "clips" URL
    below, if you prefer. I will not use answers posted to the group. )
    I need this asap if it's to be used. If you want to check out my work before
    responding to see if I'm legit (I was at EE Times for many years), go to
    www.embeddedwatch.com/clips Thank you very much.

    Alex Wolfe

    Alex Wolfe, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Alex Wolfe

    Joerg Guest

    Alex, tried the embeddedwatch site but it produces a 404 error.

    Regards, Joerg.

    Joerg, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Alex Wolfe

    Alex Wolfe Guest

    Thanks for the notice abt my site. That's odd. I just tried it and it's up.
    Maybe try it again and let me know if you still have a problem. thanks.

    Regards,
    Alex

    Alex Wolfe, Apr 9, 2004