    I wonder if I will ever find my dream tablet. I was so disappointed in last
    years Fujitsu Lifebook .. Handwriting recognition was dreadful .. I don't
    like hitting the screen that hard. Wonder if that has been changed.

    diane, Jan 16, 2010

  2. So I think there's no more need for the WinMail recipe. Right?
    The one you bought indeed is rather thick and heavy as it's a
    "convertible".
    I'll possibly need a successor for my beloved HP/COMPAQ tc1100. Nut I
    will not buy a convertible.

    You might check Motion's slate models.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Jan 16, 2010

  3. Pls see my posting in your other thread.
    Do you have that in the moment?
    Let's wait and see ;-)
    Nobody does at present knows when it will appear and which features it
    might have.

    I would have loved to have an iPhone as soon as it appeared. But over
    here in Germany it only comes bundled with T-mobile contracts and my
    cell-phone usage is really low, it's just too expensive for a toy.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Jan 17, 2010
  4. There was a very thin lenovo tablet shown at CES that is not on the
    market yet...

    ....essentially a laptop with a pop off screen that looks to be the
    equivalent of a letter sized legal pad.

    http://www.wired.com/video/ideapad-u1-hybrid-notebook-tablet-caters-to-road-warriors/60852989001

    plus a few others in the pipe

    http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/03/crunchpad-the-launch-prototype/

    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/03/touch-book-comb/

    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/09/courier/

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Jan 17, 2010
  5. Interesting.
    The less Iunderstand that HP gave up the COMPAQ tc1000/tc1100 line ...

    Mistly TouchPads inly AFAUCS.
    But there seems to come live into this area.
    A renaissance?

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Jan 18, 2010