    Daniel P Guest

    kill file
    your gone

    Daniel P, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    Actually, I only top post if it makes sense after reading the stuff below
    it. Otherwise, I do the traditional reply under each part thing.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    I can't really worry about it given all the bandwidth that we have today.
    Ten years ago, I would have agreed.
    Standards change with usage. The dictionaries used to show E-mail with caps
    but it's becoming e-mail.

    Stand back for the pioneers! ;-) Just kidding.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 28, 2004
  4. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    Not if we buy and install Semprons. How about if we used to run a Duron?
    :)

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 28, 2004
  5. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    BTW, Wes, how does your newsreader recognize a signature? How can it be
    sure? What parsing does it do to determine that?

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    If not, then hit your page down key til you get to the bottom, and
    Actually, I'm going to be sympathetic if you are using a text-based console.
    But the majority is way past that, I'm afraid.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 28, 2004
  7. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    0A 2D 2D 20 0A

    Wes Newell, Aug 29, 2004
  8. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    You lost me. But that's ok.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 29, 2004
  9. Wes Newell

    rstlne Guest

    Jumping ship is a great idea, Jumping the Sempron ship that is.
    I personally feel that these chip makers should revamp some of their age old
    design's.. Say a pII or even first generation Athlon.. Slap them into the
    newest chip making process, and give us some great cpu's with virtually no
    heat so they can easily be cool'd just by convection. 64 Bitness,
    PciExpress, Usb2, Firewire2, Broadband, and all of that jazz is great too
    but I have to wonder if Amd has decided to release the Sempron just as a
    counter to x86 (non64) based chips that other companys (Intel) are
    releasing.

    rstlne, Aug 29, 2004
  10. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    That's the code that represents a newline, dash, dash, space, newline. Or
    a sig line, like you asked. I assumed you wanted the actual codes rather
    than 2 dashes, then a space and return on a new line.. The 2D 2D 20 and
    everything thereafter should be delted from the message in a reply.

    Wes Newell, Aug 29, 2004
  11. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    Not everyone starts their sig with two dashes, a space, and a return.
    And I know I might do a post such as:

    My response

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 29, 2004
  12. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Well, I didn't write the code, but if i had I would certainly would
    recognize only the last occurance of the target string as the sigline. And
    you might note that it was removed form this reply. Why don't you ask one
    of the newsreader authors? i'm sure they can tell you for sure.

    Just as a little test, I'm adding a second sigline manually to this
    message after the original one. And then we'll see what happens. Or I
    will, i guess if your reader doesn't support it, you won't.:)

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2004
  13. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    So you see, it deletes only the last occurance of the the sigline
    sequence. Guess there's no need to bother the authors. Are you happy now? :)

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2004
  14. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    I forgot to address this. If they don't, then it's not a sigline. it's
    just entereed text.:) Siglines are automatically inserted by the reader.
    It puts the sigline sequence in front of the the sigline file. Here's my
    sigline file;
    [[email protected] wes]$ cat sig.txt

    You can't tell from this, but I don't even have a return at the end

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2004
  15. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    I see them!

    Ed Light, Aug 30, 2004
  16. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    :)

    Sure, if you are. ;-)

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 30, 2004
  17. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    No wonder I was confused. I looked in my sigs and by chance, at one where I
    apparently had entered the dash dash space myself.

    When I use it I get a dash dash space.
    But when I use one where I didn't enter a dash dash space I get one anyhow.

    Apparently I copied that first sig in from a message and when I use it
    Outlook Express is smart enough not to put another dash dash space.

    So you're right.
    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 30, 2004
  18. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes, I know you see them. You are supposed to see them in a message. it's
    when you hit reply and the new message window comes up that it is
    deleted.. Note that the bottom one was missing in the reply I did. That's
    because the newsreader deleted it when I replied to it.

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2004
  19. Wes Newell

    Ed Light Guest

    OK Wes. Stop wasting your energy over it!

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Aug 30, 2004
  20. Wes Newell

    Buffalo Guest

    "Ed Light"> So you're right.
    Wow, now I can sleep better.
    WTF do you two waste bandwidth using a sig anyways?
    As if anyone besides yourselves really cares.

    Buffalo, Aug 31, 2004