    and sent that way, but my friend needs to be informed as to how to do
    it, step by step.

    Thanks very much in advance.

    fan, Jan 20, 2005

  2. So you're just interested in the data about the songs, not the actual songs?

    In that case there are several ways to do this.

    COPY & PASTE METHOD
    First, in iTunes arrange the view in the manner you want the data to display
    and what data you want to show. You can show/copy any combination of:
    Album, Artist, Beats per Minute, Bit Rate, Comment, Composer, Date Added,
    Date Modified, Disc Number, Equalizer, Genre, Grouping, Kind, Last Played,
    My Rating, Play Count, Sample Rate, Size, Time, Track Number and Year.

    Once you have your library or playlist displayed in the manner you want,
    simply do a Command-A to select all (or go to Edit->Select All) and then do
    a Command-C (or go to Edit->Copy).

    You can then paste this in any app that you can paste text into. The best
    app to paste into is probably Microsoft Excel. This is because it will
    automatically paste each field into a proper cell and your spreadsheet will
    be nicely organized.

    EXPORT
    If you go to the file menu in iTunes, you'll see that you can export your
    playlist or entire library as XML. You can also export a playlist or entire
    library as text (.txt).

    The problem with an export is that it exports all the data, not just the
    fields you choose and in the order your choose them, but with only 160
    songs, it should be very easy to cut fields you don't want or sort
    them...Excel should import the .txt file just fine.

    Hope this helps.

    MR_ED_of_Course, Jan 20, 2005

  3. fan

    fan Guest

    I just found out that my young friend does not have a Mac after all,
    but rather, is using Windows XP.

    I appreciate very much the suggestions already offered. Can someone
    please explain the appropriate procedure for transferring the song
    list (not the actual songs) from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 98
    computer?

    Thank very much for everyone's help.

    -fan

    P.S. I realize that the query now doesn't involve a Mac at all. If
    there is a more appropriate newsgroup into which this should be
    posted, please let me know.

    fan, Jan 20, 2005
  4. fan

    o-chan Guest

    I appreciate very much the suggestions already offered. Can someone
    Go through the menu items. There is an export feature that has some
    options. One of them should suit your needs.

    o-chan, Jan 20, 2005