    drives now. Can I use both types in the same computer? Do they have separate
    connectors? I also have a DVD-ROM and a DVD burner.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Chris

    Damon Hill Guest

    Serial ATA uses a different connector and interface chip. You'll need
    your regular parallel ATA connectors for those existing drives.

    SATA connects one drive per connector only. Save your money for a
    Western Digital Raptor, as your system drive. :)

    --Damon

    Damon Hill, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Chris

    Tod Guest

    Motherboards still come with 2 ATA(IDE) controllers, for 4 ATA devices.
    SATA will have its own separate controller.

    Tod, Feb 23, 2004