    They ask, "oh, a crossover" ... but IIRC, a crossover <> null serial cable.
    Then there is another cable called a rollover.

    So what's the diff between a null cable, a crossover, and a rollover ?

    noone, May 27, 2004

  2. noone

    Arthur Marsh Guest

    The difference may be in that some cables do not pass the RTS line on
    one side to CTS on the other like a true hardware handshaking null modem
    cable. I believe that a hardware handshaking null modem cable is the
    same as a crossover cable, and have bought hardware handshaking null
    modem adaptors (rather than cables) from Disk Smith in the past.

    Arthur.

    Arthur Marsh, May 27, 2004