    Infnet Guest

    Where in REGEDIT can one find the computer's main serial number?

    Thx!

    Infnet, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Infnet

    Paul Rubin Guest

    PC's don't in general have serial numbers. Laptops often do, but
    there's no standard way to find them, certainly not in the Windows
    registry.

    Paul Rubin, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Infnet

    Eifion Guest

    I was once told to search for my Name and the no should be somewhere below
    hope this helps you cant hurt anyway

    Eifion

    Eifion, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Infnet

    Louie Guest

    Are you looking for Hardware serial # or OS key?
    --
    Louie
    Gainesville, FL

    "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
    Dennis Miller

    Louie, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Infnet

    Quaoar Guest

    You can reveal all of the hardware (DMI - Digital Machine Information?)
    and software serial numbers with Everest Home Edition, free from
    www.Lavalys.com.

    Quaoar, Dec 5, 2005
  6. I think that you are confusing the Windows product key with the computer
    serial number. They are not the same thing. Please clarify what you
    are talking about.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 5, 2005
  7. DMI = Desktop Management Interface

    Barry Watzman, Dec 5, 2005
  8. Infnet

    Quaoar Guest

    Yes, what it is! Thanks.

    Quaoar, Dec 5, 2005
  9. Infnet

    Joe D Guest

    Q,

    It seems they are no longer offering the free version - do you know
    anywhere I can find a link to download the free version? It sounds like
    a very useful tool.

    Thanks,
    Joe

    Joe D, Dec 5, 2005
  10. Infnet

    Quaoar Guest

    This really is not good, although I can understand why, since the free
    edition has most of what the paid editions have.
    http://www.astra32.com/ might be useful, but I've never used it. Google
    dmi information for others. Sisoft Sandra also is good, but I haven't
    used it in years.

    Quaoar, Dec 5, 2005
  11. Infnet

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    No, its not anymore free. -(-(-(

    Sjouke Burry, Dec 5, 2005
  12. Infnet

    Notan Guest

    If your return address is legit, I'll send it to you.

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 5, 2005
  13. I just got the free version of Everest a couple of weeks ago. I also
    have the last version of Aida, it's predecessor.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 5, 2005
  14. Infnet

    Joe D Guest

    Thanks!

    Joe D, Dec 5, 2005
  15. Infnet

    Notan Guest

    Glad to help!

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 5, 2005
  16. Infnet

    Kenneth Wolf Guest

    Just Google it! Major Geeks has it for d/l; version 2.2

    Kenneth Wolf, Dec 6, 2005
  17. Infnet

    Infnet Guest

    We downloaded EVEREST HOME ED - does the job - thanks!

    However, it says re our display that:
    "At least 85 Hz vertical refresh rate is recommended for classic (CRT)
    displays"

    We are SET at 60 Hz and it appears we cannot change it!
    How can one bypass and refresh it then?

    Thx,
    Infnet

    Infnet, Dec 6, 2005
  18. Infnet

    tiM` Guest

    If you are using a laptop (and this is a laptop newsgroup), then 60hz is
    correct.

    tiM`, Dec 6, 2005
  19. Infnet

    Infnet Guest

    YES, it IS a laptop...
    So, there's NO way to CHANGE the setting then...no matter WHAT?...

    Infnet, Dec 6, 2005
  20. Infnet

    tiM` Guest

    It depends upon your drivers, but why would you?
    TFTs are normally designed to run at 60hz, whereas CRTs flicker below
    70-85hz, hence the recommendation in the program for CRTs.
    Still, if your LAPTOP has a CRT, then good luck to you.

    tiM`, Dec 6, 2005