    program?
    Thanks
    Dwight

    dwight elvey, Jul 16, 2003

  2. dwight elvey

    Robert Scott Guest

    I agree that a native Win32 app would be best, but if the OP needs to
    run legacy code for some reason, then I suggest "Restart in MS-DOS
    mode" if the OS is Win95/98. Even in that "DOS-hack" OS, the legacy
    serial ports are virtualized, and Windows does get involved. But when
    you "Restart in MS-DOS mode", you really do get pure DOS with no
    Windows interference.

    -Robert Scott
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    (Reply through newsgroups, not by direct e-mail, as automatic reply address is fake.)

    Robert Scott, Jul 16, 2003

  3. dwight elvey

    Dale Chase Guest

    Use Control Panel ==> System ==> Device Manager and remove Windoz
    control of the port. I once had one DOS app running in one window out
    com1 talking to another DOS program in another window using com2. In
    using two windows I would see "dropped" characters until I turned the
    port off in device manager. Very easy to turn them off and back on as
    you wish. Hope this helps.

    Dale

    Dale Chase, Jul 17, 2003
  4. dwight elvey

    dwight elvey Guest

    Thanks Dale
    This is what I thought but didn't know where to look.
    Dwight

    dwight elvey, Jul 17, 2003
  5. dwight elvey

    Wim Ton Guest

    I'm doing serial transfers to an external system from
    We used WfW3.11 to multitask 8 programs that used a serial port to copy a
    file to punched tape. Worked like a charm after tweaking the PIF's

    Wim

    Wim Ton, Jul 18, 2003