    ** Office e-mail:
    ** Home e-mail:
    ** Web Page: http://www.rose.edu/Faculty/pvan/index.htm

    Peter van der Goes, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Peter van der Goes

    Steven Guest

    Hmm, have been here:
    http://www.elito-epox.com/produkte/produkt.asp?ProduktID=243&Par1=Mainboards - SA

    went to "Specs" and clicked on "IO-connectors" Bild (picture) and u see that
    those ports are missing on this photo!
    Sounds to me like the serial ports have been removed from the product
    line!?....
    Very funny indeed.....

    Steven, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Peter van der Goes

    James Helm Guest

    Seriel ports x2 are located under the 5th pci slot. The cable comes in the
    box.

    Madjimbo

    James Helm, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Peter van der Goes

    Nunya Guest

    Mine came with a Com/Gameport cable that
    plugs into the motherboard and uses an empty case slot for your connections.
    I don't need it though.

    Nunya, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Peter van der Goes

    Steven Guest

    Hmm, why did they move location of those 2 ports? - the cable come with the
    box but what when all pci slots are occupied?

    Steven, Jul 11, 2003
  6. Thanks for confirming my suspicions, guys!
    I guess serial ports are going the way of the buggy whip, but I still use a
    dialup for my backup internet connection and I have an external modem
    (several, in fact).
    I wonder how much was saved in manufacturing cost by not supplying the
    standard connectors? It's not like the space was used for anything else.

    Peter van der Goes, Jul 11, 2003
  7. Peter van der Goes

    Steven Guest

    Recent dial-up modems show usb connectivity..I think the serial port is
    definitely on its way out! The savings are about $2..
    :)

    Steven, Jul 11, 2003