    every time I record from TV or VCR etc.

    Has anybody here heard of a problem like this. How to fix it?

    TIA. Bill S.

    mr.athlon, Jul 21, 2005

  2. mr.athlon

    Jack Guest

    I record movies daily and watch nightly. Also run app which shows CPU
    use and mem load. CPU use never goes above 50% and mem use shows no
    appreciable increase during recording or viewing even if I am doing
    other things at same time. If your problem only occurs while running
    win sys monitor, I would suspect that app rather than ATI.

    My sys uses is Intel MB and P4 CPU, ATI AIW 9600XT but that should make
    no diff. BTW, software I use is the CD which came with the 9600, NO
    updates or upgrades; every time I updated or upgraded software, the
    system went bad and/or crashed.

    Hope you solve your problem.
    Jack.

    Jack, Jul 21, 2005