    Looks fantastic. I hope Croteam finally realized the difference
    between quantity and quality. Shooting at 1,000,000 copies of
    the same monster gets old pretty quick.

    Guest, May 21, 2007

  3. Air Raid

    Guest Guest

    Except that was the unique appeal of Serious Sam - massive hordes of enemies
    like we had in the pre-3D world.

    Guest, May 21, 2007
  4. Air Raid

    Mark McNulty Guest

    Plus, the cartoon flavor of the graphics led to its humor factor and appeal.
    Serious Sam is supposed to be all but serious.
    The new image makes me wonder if it will lose that.

    Mark McNulty, May 21, 2007
  5. Air Raid

    Thomas Guest

    Then check the last screenshot ;-)

    Thomas, May 21, 2007
  6. Serious Sam IS a 3D version of Robotron/Smash TV.

    - The Rich

    Penguin Commandos for Gore., May 21, 2007
  7. Air Raid

    Phil Guest

    Phil, May 21, 2007
  8. Air Raid

    Sleepy Guest

    Dont like it - SS 1 and 2 *looked* and played like a mad cartoon which was
    its appeal - updating the graphics like that screenshot shows just doesnt
    suit it.

    Sleepy, May 21, 2007
  9. Air Raid

    turk Guest

    Yeah, that last screen shot looks so cool...gives me hope.

    turk

    turk, May 21, 2007
  10. That's what made the game so great. There's nothing like walking in
    the middle of an oasis and suddenly hearing the screams of a massive
    army of exploding headless freaks coming over every hill around you.

    The alMIGHTY N, May 21, 2007
  11. Air Raid

    Mark McNulty Guest

    I did look at the last screenshot and even though it is monsters and undead,
    it is still done in a very gritty, realistic viewpoint. I like the cartoon
    look and feel where the world is not real and the game is more about fun.
    Now don't get me wrong. I am sure the game will be fun but I still like the
    old :)

    Mark McNulty, May 22, 2007
  12. Air Raid

    Sam Guest

    SS is a stupid game that was sometimes fun to play but never caught on
    as it might have due to it's stupiditys. The engine is good and a more
    realistic scenario I would welcome and play. But no more hordes,
    Please.

    Sam

    Sam, May 25, 2007
  13. Air Raid