Service manual for Acer Travelmate LCI 800

Discussion in 'Acer' started by miketurner201, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Hi, does anyone have a service manual for the Acer Travelmate LC 800
    laptop. I wish to replace the keyboard, or service it first. I dropped
    some water on the keyboard and the left side does not work now. I
    would like to service it but not sure how to remove it. Failing that I
    would like to replace it.

Many thanks in advance.

Rgds
    Mike UK England

miketurner201, Jul 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. miketurner201

Manil

Hi! Hope I'm not too late.

The only service manuals I've managed to get my hands on are really no good.

This is how you do: first off turn the laptop over and remove the two screws marked with a (K). These attach to the base of the keyboard, and you will damage it trying to remove it with these still on.

Turn the laptop straight again.

Now to remove the plastics between the keyboard and the screen.
    Fist, pull the screen back as far as it will go. Then notice the plastics have a small hole just in front of the F3 key. (Or really close by). Put your fingernail there and lift gently. Or use something else flat and rigid. (I used a screwdriver. Just be careful).

Lift and it will come off.

Now, you have unveiled three screws that are holding the keyboard. Just unscrew these, and then lift the keyboard gently upwards.
    It is held on the sides by two small notches (you can see them at the left and right edges of the keyboard). If you lift the middle of the front of the keyboard it will bend slightly so it comes free of the latches.

Just lift the end facing the screen upwards untill you have freed the keyboard.

The last thing you need to do, is to remove the keyboard flatcable connected to the motherboard.
    Just lift the yellow edges of the clasp holding the flatcable to the motherboard. (I really don't know how to explain, just be clever, its easy). Lift upwards and it will click very gently. And the connector tape is freed.

Good luck!

Manil, Oct 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. miketurner201

servicemanual

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
    servicemanual, Jan 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question