    like for a local Terminal window to come up. However, one of my other
    remote systems always come up. I tried making the local system the first
    one alphabetically but that didn't help. Suggestions appreciated.

    fishfry, Feb 21, 2004

  2. fishfry

    Dave Seaman Guest

    Open the saved file that you want, select Terminal -> Window Settings...,
    and click on "Use Settings as Defaults".

    Dave Seaman, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Open the saved file that you want, select Terminal -> Window Settings...,
    and click on "Use Settings as Defaults".[/QUOTE]

    That doesn't prevent this term file from being used as the default for ALL
    new windows/sessions opened. I used multitail to display multiple log files
    in a terminal and saved a .term file to be automatically opened. Now, every
    terminal window I open for a new session causes multiterm to display the
    log files again.

    Is there any way to get back to a new window with just a command prompt and
    yet load my save .term file ONLY when Terminal is launched? I'm using
    Panther.

    Darrel

    Darrel E. Knutson, Feb 22, 2004
  4. That doesn't prevent this term file from being used as the default for ALL
    new windows/sessions opened. I used multitail to display multiple log files
    in a terminal and saved a .term file to be automatically opened. Now, every
    terminal window I open for a new session causes multiterm to display the
    log files again.

    Is there any way to get back to a new window with just a command prompt and
    yet load my save .term file ONLY when Terminal is launched? I'm using
    Panther.[/QUOTE]

    Launch Terminal by opening the desired .term file, rather than telling
    it to open a particular .term file on launch? Not sure that'll work,
    but it's worth a try.

    Jerry Kindall, Feb 22, 2004