    same aspect ratio as the native screen. But this option isn't available
    in the settings. At the moment I've set it to 1600 x 1200.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Salvador Freemanson, Aug 18, 2009

  2. Salvador Freemanson

    BillW50 Guest

    In Salvador Freemanson typed on Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:24:53 +0200:
    That is perfectly normal if the laptop's video card can't produce that
    higher resolution. Most laptops cannot go higher than 1600x. Although if
    you want to check for an updated video driver for your laptop, that
    would be about your only hope.

    BillW50, Aug 18, 2009

  3. Salvador Freemanson

    Guest Guest

    I had the same problem adding a wide-screen monitor to my desktop.
    Downloading a display "driver" .inf file from the vendor made that
    resolution available. You also have to assume that your laptop
    is capable of that resolution or it ain't gonna work anyway.
    Sometimes drivers from the display chip vendor can help.

    Guest, Aug 19, 2009