Setting up dual monitors with different resoultions - Quadro NVS with AGP8X

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by dbuchanan, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. dbuchanan

    dbuchanan Guest

    Hello,

    I had this set up before but after replacing a monitor I can't find
    where to set it up.

    I am running Windows Server 2003 with a Quadro NVS with AGP8X.

    What I am currently experiencing;
    I have the desktop span accross both monitors as desired.
    I can't set the monitors independantly with two different resoltions. I
    want monitor 1 to have the resolution of 1024x768 and monitor 2 to have
    the resoltion of 1280x768 (wide aspect ratio).

    On the [Multiview] tab of the NVIDIA Multiple Monitors dialog box ~ the
    monitor illustrations do not allow single selection. Both are shown as
    selected so that any settings will apply to both monitors.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers - it is not a driver
    corruption issue.

    Where is the setting that allows each monitor to have its own
    individual resolution setting?

    Thank you,
    dbuchanan

    dbuchanan, Nov 18, 2005

  2. dbuchanan

    McGrandpa Guest

    On SPAN I think that's right. I'm using Dualview and can select my monitors
    independantly. Instead of going through the driver applet, just right
    click the desktop, Properties>Settings, and there you should be able to
    select the monitor individually.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Nov 18, 2005

  3. dbuchanan

    dbuchanan Guest

    Hi McGrandpa,

    No. Properties > Settings does not show two monitiors on this (Home)
    computer where this problem exists. However on my (Work) computer does
    (similar computer, similar setup).

    The difference are...
    Work: Quadro FX 500/600 PCI ~ Driver version 5.6.7.7 - 4/13/2004
    Home: Quadro NVS with AGP8X ~ Driver version 7.7.5.6 - 7/13/2005

    I can find the setting on my work computer - but I need help finding
    where nView Mode settings can be made to allow each monitor to have its
    own resolution.

    dbuchanan

    dbuchanan, Nov 18, 2005
  4. dbuchanan

    dawg Guest

    you might try newer drivers.The old drivers may not have that feature
    included. see if there is one close in date to the card that has the
    settings you want.

    dawg, Nov 18, 2005
  5. dbuchanan

    dbuchanan Guest

    Hi dawg,

    I am using the newest drivers; 7/13/2005

    dbuchanan

    dbuchanan, Nov 19, 2005