    ftp.

    Thanks,

    Paolo

    Paolo Cordone, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Set the sharing options in the Get Info... panel for the parent
    volumes and folders so that guest users can't navigate out of the
    public directory?

    David C. Stone, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Paolo Cordone

    nosredna Guest

    You could send them files via the free yousendit.com.

    nosredna, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Paolo Cordone

    Jon Bell Guest

    Why not use HTTP? Simply turn on Personal Web Sharing in the Sharing
    preferences panel, and put the file in your Sites folder. Then your
    friend can simply point a Web browser to

    http://your.ip.or.domain/~yourloginid/filename

    Or put the file in /Library/WebServer/Documents (might need an admin
    account to do this) and then the URL is

    http://your.ip.or.domain/filename

    The only folders that visitors can access are your Sites folder and the
    contents of /Library/WebServer/Documents .

    Jon Bell, Jan 11, 2006
  5. It seems that the ssh daemon, sshd, also handles sftp.
    But are far less likely to be successful
    And many other problems.
    Very much more difficult.

    William Mitchell, Jan 12, 2006