Setting up sound on EP45-UD3??? Problem with front earphones.

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Gorby, Apr 23, 2009.

  1. Gorby

    Gorby Guest

    The EP45-UD3 motherboard uses the Realtek Azalia audio chip.
    I have downloaded and installed the latest Audio drivers from the
    Gigabyte Web site. I am using Creative 2.1 speakers (I've forgotten what
    type, but they sound nice).

    I have plugged the speakers into the green plug hole at the back. The
    speakers work fine. My problem is that when I plug in headphones, they
    don't work!

    I then go into the "Realtek HD Audio Manager". The only way I can get
    the headphones to work is to tick "Disable front panel jack detection".
    That seems counter intuitive to me. Anyway, both headphones and Speakers
    are working. If I click in "Mute the rear output device, when a front
    headphone plugged in." still both front and back are playing!

    Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

    What I want is for the headphones to work when plugged in, and the rear
    speakers to mute.

    cheers
    Gorby

    Gorby, Apr 23, 2009