    for the sound bar.. In theory I can't find a glitch in this idea and hoped
    you guys might have tried this and also get your opinions... I know my wife
    will like the idea of this cleaner less messy setup :)

    Pinger, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Pinger

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Pinger

    S.Lewis Guest

    Last year I set up two systems with 30' KVM cabling, with the systems
    residing in an unseen storage closet, leaving only the kb, mouse, and LCDs
    visible on the office desks.

    I don't recall the online vendor from whom I purchased, but it all went very
    well. These were analog LCDs, fwiw.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Pinger

    Pinger Guest

    Tom I too have a 25' svga cable I bought from pacific cable to run the
    computer to our Samsng DLP and it works ok now as long as I only have one
    line connected, I bought a svga spliter from Pacific but with the two are
    connected the quality goes way down... I plan on connecting the Flat Panel
    via DVI and connecting the 25' svga to the open vga connection on the vid
    card, as for the wireless keyboard/mouse I plan on connecting the
    receiver/charging pod to the monitor usb which will put the signal right on
    the desktop, don't think it would ever work with the receiver in the
    basement.... thanks for the quick reply!!

    Pinger, Mar 15, 2005
  5. Pinger

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes, I can imagine a splitter would be a problem if it wasn't a powered
    splitter. Sounds like a cool plan.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 16, 2005
  6. Pinger

    MadMan Guest

    Just make sure the cable is shielded, and if you run a ground wire it will
    help cut down in RFI. Groung the shielding to a screw on the pc powersupply.
    And try to keep ithe cable away from any UV lightfixtures as the balest will
    cause some major problems.

    MadMan

    MadMan, Mar 16, 2005