    Prolly a 6800GS PCI-e videocard but that's still undecided.

    Thanks for any opinions.

    rick

    justme, Apr 13, 2006

  2. justme

    DDC Guest

    Hi i do have this board and i didn't get any problems whit it so far.
    I plan to get the 7600gt, it can out perform the x1800 gto and cost
    about a little more than the 6800gs. whit the system you want you
    should look for this card. It can hit 50fps in most heavy game around
    at high resolution and maybe even Oblivion elder scroll.

    that game put my x800 on it's knees

    Finally if your a gamer maybe you should go for a nf4 ultra just to
    get the little extra boost from the chipset. And make shure that your
    cpu is in the list of that motherboard and do the same on the corsair
    web site for the memory.

    DDC, Apr 14, 2006

  3. justme

    meagain Guest

    Thanks for the input.
    I'm a casual gamer but my XP2600+ and 9800Pro just doesn't do it anymore.
    The newer titles limit me to way-too-low-res to get an enjoying game
    experience.

    rick

    meagain, Apr 15, 2006
  4. I have this board and it is very good. It is however only Sata1 . If you
    want Sata2 you would need to go with A8N-E.
    That wasnt a problem for me so I went with this and very pleased with it.
    Gilbert

    Gilbert Lynds, Apr 15, 2006
  5. justme

    DDC Guest

    I'm curious about the fact that he should get an sata-2 mobo as it is
    only offering 1 or 2 Mb/s of data transfer over the sata-1. Also i
    don't think he will hot swap he drive too. There a lot of sata-2 drive
    that are by default compatible whit sata-1 mobo and work at optimum
    performance. In my case there is a 250gig western digitale 16 megs of
    cache and is work at around 55Mb/s in hd tach and 63mb/s in the system
    panel of windows. that pretty close to the raptor model witch are know
    to spin at 10k.

    Ho by the way nf4u offer sata-2 so it's a + for him so he choice
    that..

    DDC, Apr 15, 2006
  6. nforce4 is sata 1 ==150mbs
    nforce4ultra sata2 = 300mbs
    sata2 drives will work on sata1 so not too much problem unless you want the
    fastest trnsfer rate

    Gilbert Lynds, Apr 15, 2006
  7. justme

    DDC Guest

    thats the point of my previous post. I tought that you could have put
    on some exemple of your.

    DDC, Apr 15, 2006
  8. no problem have a good day

    Gilbert Lynds, Apr 15, 2006
  9. justme

    DDC Guest

    OMG. those number are spec not the real beavur of the drive it self.
    do you know that uata drive can performe as well as a sata2 drive
    whitout think of using a 10K drive to compet whit a sata2 drive.

    In general you will notice that all 7200 drve are build to give a
    certain peroformance in data transfer and it is regulate by the rpm of
    the drive. The only difference in speed you will get is by the decity
    of the platter in the drive by scare inch. the more sector by scare
    inch the more capable the heads of the drve can reach the information.

    So getting a drive a big 400gib drive that has less platter than other
    drive can give you a boost of performance in data tranfer vs all other
    drive on the market whit the same rpm. So this is why ie: the 400gb
    sata1 wd re2 is sold around 260$ canadian. it has 8 head vs 6 on a
    250g one and has 100gi of dencity by platter vs a 250g with 3 platter
    it give 83gb by each platter on the total surface of theses platter so
    lower capacyti are slower than the higher capacity one.

    That is a usefull info...
    http://www.westerndigital.com/fr/products/ProductMatrix.asp?Language=fr#
    WD Caviar RE2 400 Go Disques durs ( WD4000YR )
    get that drive. it perform as well as a raptor im sure and it has
    400gig.

    DDC, Apr 15, 2006
  10. I love mine.
    I got a 3500+
    GForce 7800 GT
    2 GB memory

    Everything runs really fast no crashes, can't get better.

    go for the 7800Gt, you won't regret it

    James B. Davis, Apr 16, 2006
  11. justme

    fj Guest

    I just have to reinforce your point. I just can't believe the number of
    people who seem to think that SATA II drives are actually working at 3Gb/S
    [=375MB/S]. Just take a look at Tom's Hardware. There is NO 7200RPM drive
    that has a sustained speed above 70MB/S. While burst speeds can get up over
    100MB/s, it just doesn't noticeable affect the performance. And, in any
    case, 100MB/s is still well within the SATA I spec.

    fj, Apr 29, 2006