    Also, kindly clarify about what exactly we gain by using StorEdge
    compared to the T3.

    Thanks!

    qazmlp, Aug 8, 2004

  2. qazmlp

    Elias Guest

    You can use the T3 with the 6900.

    There are some fundamental differences between the 3510 and the T3.
    - The 3510 uses 2Gbit FC while the T3 uses 1Gbit FC.
    - The 3510 has 12 disk drives while the T3 uses 9 disk drives.
    - The 3510 has the ability to house 2 redundant HW raid controllers in
    the same chassis, the T3 requires a second array to form a pair in
    order to have controller fail over.
    - The 3510 costs less than the T3. (assuming each are bought new)

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 8, 2004

  3. qazmlp

    qazmlp Guest

    We have the Database currently stored in the T3 StorEdge disks. In
    case, if we decide to use E3510 StorEdge with E6900, could you tell
    how exactly the Data existing in T3 can be transferred to the E3510
    disks?

    qazmlp, Aug 17, 2004
  5. qazmlp

    Florian Laws Guest

    How do the feature sets of the controller firmware compare?
    This depends on your setup, for example which database you use,
    if your database uses files or raw devices, if you are using a volume
    manager...

    For instance, there are among the following options:

    - Use migration features of your volume manager to migrate the
    logical volume your database is on.
    - Use features possibly built into your database to move your
    databases/tablespaces/whatever it is called to an other device.
    - Use the dump/restore features of your DB.
    - If your database uses files: Shut down the DB and copy the files
    to the new storage.
    - ...

    Regards,

    Florian

    Florian Laws, Aug 17, 2004
  6. qazmlp

    Elias Guest

    There is not currently one document that compares the features sets of
    the firmware for each system.

    Docs for each can be found at:
    http://www.sun.com/products-n-solut...k_Storage_Solutions/Workgroup/3510/index.html
    http://www.sun.com/products-n-solut...rk_Storage_Solutions/Midrange/T3ES/index.html

    The two systems were developed independently of one another so they
    may each accomplish similar things, but may take different approaches.

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 21, 2004