    within it). How can I share other files/folders that reside outside of my
    home folder (as well as external HDs)? I've set all of my permissions so
    that my login has read/write access. But still no luck. Can anyone help?

    Dan, Oct 28, 2003

  2. I don't believe Apple supports it at this time, but you can publiush
    other directories either via a preference pane called SharePoints (check
    VersionTracker) or through a fairly simple manual procedure (search at
    macosxhints.com).

    Gregory Weston, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Yep, I found this after my initial post here. What a great app - Apple
    should have bought the license to this and integrated it into Panther. I'll
    definitely be making a donation.

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Yep, I found this after my initial post here. What a great app - Apple
    should have bought the license to this and integrated it into Panther. I'll
    definitely be making a donation.[/QUOTE]

    There's nothing to license except a thin UI. The actual functionality is
    already all there.

    Gregory Weston, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Dan

    ZnU Guest

    There's nothing to license except a thin UI. The actual functionality is
    already all there.[/QUOTE]

    And Apple has already got a nice UI for this purpose -- they just want
    you to pay for OS X Server to get it.

    --
    "Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far
    the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to
    -- George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003

    ZnU, Oct 29, 2003
  6. There's nothing to license except a thin UI. The actual functionality is
    already all there.[/QUOTE]

    And Apple could write something similar easily; probably they choose
    not to in order to differentiate their Server product.

    Matthew Russotto, Oct 29, 2003