    discussion areas or help contact info that I can find. Booted from a CD, SS
    gives you a very nice classic Mac environment, right down to the menu bar clock.
    But running off a CD has its limits . . .

    John Rethorst, Oct 15, 2006

  2. I got a set of two iMac OS 8.6 install disks on eBay. I tried dragging the
    system folder from one to the SS volume; no joy. Tried installing from that CD;
    installer dialog said could not install on this machine (MacBook Pro Intel core
    duo). Tried installing from the other CD; worked fine. SS recognized the system
    folder, and runs fine. I guess some CDs work. Thanks for saying "install" in
    your response; that gave me the idea.

    John Rethorst, Oct 15, 2006