Shimmering problems with G70/7800 GTX?!?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Private Person, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. Having just bought one, I find the article at:

    http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/g70_flimmern/index_e.php

    to be informative, in a seemingly negative way. While every 7800 GTX review
    source is praising the card, 3dcenter is not too happy:

    "The new high-end chip G70 produces texture shimmering with activated
    anisotropic filtering (AF)."

    "Someone spending some 100 bucks on a new card problably doesn't want to
    play without anisotropic filtering."

    "The anisotropic filter should improve the quality of textures-but on your
    new card for 500 bucks, the result is texture shimmering even in the High
    Quality mode. One can hardly consider this a real 'qualitiy improvement'."

    Hopefully this "problem" can be mitigated in updated drivers or even a bios
    update and not become some Nvidia 7800 GTX fiasco.

    Later.

    PS: If only my 7800 GTX had cost me $500 8-(

    Private Person, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Private Person

    BigJim Guest

    well send your card back for a refund

    BigJim, Aug 20, 2005

  3. It's a driver bug. NVIDIA has made an official announcement that the issue
    will be fixed in an upcoming driver. You can find the statement in the news
    bulletin here: www.nvnews.net

    Anders Albrechtsen, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for a future fix of
    the problem...

    Later.

    Private Person, Aug 20, 2005