Shopping for motherboards

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Luke Ross, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Luke Ross

    Luke Ross Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of any decent motherboard comparison sites? I've spent
    many an hour googling at manufacturer's sites but really I could do with
    seeing the details side by side.

    The riddle I'm trying to solve is that I want a mobo that fits into a
    particular ATX case of mine (around 30cmx29cm of mobo space so extended
    ATX is unlikely to fit), that has at least one PCI-X 133 slot and costs
    the least amount of money, including processor (and possibly any OTT PSU
    it needs).

    I'm currently looking at a Supermicro Xeon board at around 280GBP
    (480US$), but I'd be happier if I could push that price down. I'm not
    too fussed about dual processor and such like.

    Any thoughts?

    TIA,

    Luke

    Luke Ross, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Luke Ross

    CJT Guest

    I haven't paid more than US$100 for a motherboard in a long time.

    If fitting a particular case required spending an extra $380, I'd
    toss the case.

    CJT, Nov 30, 2003