    as was announced on 2 January 2008, http://www.triplex.com.tw/english/products/ati/hd3870.htm

    I wonder where I could get this card (short 3870, that is) ? Will it
    be exported to North America/Australia/Western Europe ??? When ??

    Beladi Nasrallah, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Beladi Nasrallah

    M. Ziegler Guest

    Im looking for a short 3850 with 512MB too. It should replace my old GF
    7950, which is 20cm long. A longer card would not fit in my Arctic
    Cooling T1 case. The 3850 from Powercolor is shorter, but its fan is
    loud and doesnt power down.

    Michael

    M. Ziegler, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Should be a good replacement, even my 3850 256mb outperforms the 7950
    gx2 .

    flightlessvacuum, Jan 11, 2008
  4. What the **** ???? I have found more of the ATI 3870/50 cards with non-
    reference PCB design that a _short_ (I need a short card for my
    computer case). The manufacturers are Unika, Colorful, Maxsun and
    Apollo. They are actually all based on the same PCB developed by
    Triplex. (All the said companies are either Taiwanese or Chinese.)

    I am sifting through the on-line shops in the western world, I went to
    our local computer parts shop, I checked eBay -- such cards are not
    available. It looks like none of them brought into the West. And there
    are no online Chinese shops where I could buy those cards (maybe there
    are some, but I do not understand Chinese those websites are written
    in.)

    I am disappointed and disheartened. Is this called capitalism ? Why
    there are no said cards in my country or anywhere esle where I could
    get it ? I am desperate. I already started swearing.

    Beladi Nasrallah, Jan 25, 2008