    a source for short power cords? This would be very helpful
    for reducing clutter in our cabinets.

    Andrew Olechny | s/nats/gatech/g | Atlanta, GA USA

    Andrew, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Guest Guest

    The last time I searched for short cords I was told by a few
    vendors that UL wouldn't approve of power cords shorter than
    6' except for those on countertop appliances (which seem to
    use different connectors).
    I did find some 2' cords in a store once, and they didn't
    have a UL label on them, so maybe that's true. The label
    doesn't seem important, but it may affect your liability if
    your rack catches fire due to 'unapproved wiring'.
    I hope that I've been given wrong information and short
    cords do exist, I certainly could unclutter some racks with
    them.

    Frank

    Guest, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Andy Lennard Guest

    In UK you can also get cables ready made with a single input and
    multiple IEC outputs. http://rswww.com has part number 367-0769 as an
    example. These may tidy your racks...

    If you're looking for quantity, maybe a lead manufacturer would make
    some specials.

    Or you could make them yourself.

    Andy Lennard, Sep 11, 2003