should a webdav folder behave like normal folder?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by leo, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. leo

    leo Guest

    hi there

    should a webdav folder behave like normal folder?

    if so, why do i have the following issue:

    i connect to my webdav folder in the finder via Connect to server:
    authentication works fine and after that i can drag files via the finder
    into and out of the webdav repository. the webdav repository even appears as
    a mounted volume. so far so good.

    now i go to another application, eg. grab. there i try to save a document
    (i.e. a screenshot) straight to the webdav repository, i.e. to the volume
    listed in the file save dialog. i get the error message: " the operation
    could not be complete. an unexpected error occurred (error code -43)."
    saving just to my hard disk works fine.

    what's wrong with my webdav setup? is it a client or a server failure?

    thanks, leo

    leo, Feb 13, 2004