    not know much about this card other than it has good performance, your
    help/knowledge would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    comcast, Nov 17, 2005

  2. An X850pro already has 16 pipes, you're not going to unlock any more by
    updating the firmware.

    Am I Batman or Superman? I'm so confused.

    Batman or Superman, Nov 17, 2005

  3. comcast

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Depends on if you are willing to risk killing the card.

    NightSky 421, Nov 18, 2005
  4. comcast

    comcast Guest

    according to ati's web site it is only 12.

    comcast, Nov 18, 2005
  5. comcast

    comcast Guest

    Sure - I risked it with all the other cards I've flashed.

    comcast, Nov 18, 2005
  6. comcast

    Lane Guest

    Partly true, it has 16 but only 12 are enabled. So unlocking is something
    one can try.

    Lane

    Lane, Nov 18, 2005
  7. comcast

    NightSky 421 Guest

    If you're comfortable with the risk and have good info that it can be done,
    go for it.

    NightSky 421, Nov 19, 2005
  8. comcast

    First of One Guest

    It's probably better to try a RivaTuner soft-mod first. If you flash the
    BIOS and the extra four pipes turn out to be defective, you will end up with
    display corruption, which may make flashing back to the original BIOS
    difficult.

    First of One, Nov 19, 2005