Show Contents whlie Dragging not Sticking

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Don Cohen, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Don Cohen

    Don Cohen Guest

    I have a brand new Inspiron 8600, running XPHome, with 128mb ATI 9800
    videocard.

    I like to have Windows show the window contents while dragging, and have
    checked this on the Appearance...Effects... dialogue box.

    It works, but is lost when I reboot. I have looked at Kelly's registery fix
    for this, but find that my registry shows the value of "1" for the
    DragFullWindows key, just as it's supposed to, even after a reboot and the
    check box is again unchecked.

    Anybody have a fix for this?

    Thanks.

    Don
    www.dlcphotography.net

    Don Cohen, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Don Cohen

    Alex Guest

    This was already discussed in CommunityForum on Dell's web site. You can
    solve this by un-installing Dell Media Experience.

    Alex, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Don Cohen

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    ....which in and of itself can be a mild adventure. A truly invasive blob of
    bloatware.

    S.Lewis, Feb 5, 2004