    exists cos using the restart option puts it up momentarily)?
    TIA

    Keith

    Keith Dawson, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Keith Dawson

    Leo Tick Guest

    have you tried the win98se shutdown fix?

    Leo Tick, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Keith Dawson

    Roger Hunt Guest

    The "Windows is shutting down ..." and "It is safe to ..." images are
    held in \Windows\System\logow.sys and \Windows\System\logos.sys,
    respectively. (Open with mspaint to examine)
    If yours are not there, they can be found in one of the W98se
    installation .cab files - net8.cab is the one you want.

    If they are present and correct, I'm not sure what to suggest - I know
    that the startup logo can be suppressed but the only way I know of
    disabling the shut down logos is to remove them.
    (This with my 503+ with AT PS, W98se)

    Roger Hunt, Aug 20, 2003