    So, does anyone know how to disable this beeping? I scoured the BIOS
    settings, but haven't found anything regarding this.

    Vic

    Victor, Jan 13, 2004

  2. I *think* I have heard of such problems. Something about coils in the
    PSU/power converters that makes a high pitched sound. People has tried
    to pour glue or such over the coils, in order to quiet them down.

    I would ask here:

    http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.cfm?catid=43&forumid=1

    in the Shuttle XPC forum.

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Victor

    Victor Guest

    Thanks a lot! I'll look into this!

    /Vic

    Victor, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Victor

    Victor Guest

    Update: I think I've narrowed it down to overheating of my SATA hard
    disk (DiamondMax 9). I noticed that when I do a broad search on the
    HD, the system would beep noisily. It did not, however, emit a single
    beep when doing the same thing with the harddrive stationed outside
    the box. I'm going to try and move the harddisk to the floppy slot and
    maybe fix a fan to it to see if the problem goes away.

    /Vic

    Victor, Jan 16, 2004