    box? It looks like it replaces the cpu fan one would normally use.

    Anyone built one of the Shuttle boxes and have comments about the I.C.E.
    system?

    Richard, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Hi,
    yeah my friend built a rig very similar to your spec, works well. The I.C.E
    or *Integrated Cooling Engine* bolts directly to the CPU, you need no 3rd
    party heatsink or fan. Works quite well. . .I think his idle temps were
    about 45c.

    I didn't get a chance to play with it yet (to test stability) but the only
    thing that caught my attention is the it has just a *200w* PSU

    Wayne Youngman, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Richard

    Neil Guest

    I thought mine (sn41g2b) was to loud and watercooled it with a corsair
    hydrocool. I have a [email protected] default v-core. My board has limited O/C
    features only fsb adjustments, best I could get out of it. Here's a couple
    pic's:
    http://www.thecrucible.ca/~nasrott/sn41g2b/pics/100_0003.JPG
    http://www.thecrucible.ca/~nasrott/sn41g2b/pics/100_0014.JPG
    http://www.thecrucible.ca/~nasrott/sn41g2b/pics/100_0008.JPG
    http://www.thecrucible.ca/~nasrott/sn41g2b/pics/100_0009.JPG

    Though am running a sapphire 9800 pro in it now instead of the gf4.

    Neil, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Richard

    Roger M Guest

    I worked on one recently. The heat pipe has a fan on it at the back of the
    case. It's noisy when it runs and makes the whole thing vibrate. At least on his
    it did. I got it to quit vibrating but the fan itself is loud and runs very
    fast. It only runs when needed though. Surfing the net and general non processor
    intensive stuff didn't even make the fan come on at all. It cooled the processor
    well also but it was a pentium machine. I did get to set my friend down and show
    him how a processor with a lower clock rating (my amd xp 2500+ machine running
    at 2.2ghz) could whip the crap out of his P4 2.6ghz. In all of the benchmarks my
    amd machine was 35% or more faster. He was disappointed because the machine he
    has is exactly like the ones use for production work at his office. He took it
    back and showed the tech guys at his job the benchmark results and they told him
    it was impossible. He said they ran the benchmark programs and then things got
    real quiet.

    Roger

    Roger M, Jan 5, 2004