Shuttle SN45g and which video card?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Andrew Pick, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Pick Guest

    Thinking of buying a Shuttle SN45g - I already have a primary machine with
    an ATI 9600 Pro for which I am happy with re. playing games etc.

    The shuttle will become a 2nd PC near to my TV, mainly for playing DIVX,
    MPEG etc. - I will be using a 2400XP processor in it and 512Mb RAM, 80Gb
    HDD.

    My question really is what AGP graphics card to buy to fit into it. I don't
    want to spend over £100 or even near that if I can help it. I am happy to
    stick with ATI cards (have been impressed so far with the 9600Pro I have)

    I'll need TV out obviously (as this will really be the only means of display
    coming from the Shuttle for me) but I am tempted to get something that will
    allow me to perhaps play the odd game or two as well ie. I have seen good
    prices on something like the 9200SE (around £30 !) and this has the TV out I
    need but what is this like compared to say the 9600 or the 9600 Pro ? Does
    anything less than the 9600 series do DX9 for example?

    Will the 9200 SE even be good enough for DIVX/MPEG playback (or does this
    relate more to how powerful the processor is) ???

    Lots of questions!

    Andy

    Andrew Pick, Apr 29, 2004