    How do I work out what the problem is? I am assuming it is an
    incompatibility with the monitor....?

    Thanks, Ruth

    ruthb, May 17, 2007

  2. ruthb

    Stephen Guest

    It could be one or more of the following: a program crashing, hardware
    driver, memory, overheating, power supply, hard drive. If it's an
    older pc, bad caps.

    It won't be the monitor.

    Stephen

    Stephen, May 18, 2007

  3. ruthb

    ruthb Guest

    Hi Stephen - OK - thanks - I'll try to start eliminating all the other
    possibilities!

    What do you mean by "bad caps"?

    Cheers, Ruth

    ruthb, May 28, 2007
  4. ruthb

    Stephen Guest

    Bad capacitors, usually indicated by them leaking or swelling.

    Stephen

    Stephen, May 28, 2007