    the Nvidia mianboard? :-(

    Rgds

    Martin

    Martin Cleaver, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Martin Cleaver <> wrote in message news:<Xns947A77CD5949Dmartincleavernl@194.109.133.20>...

    > PAL/video problem, but now find that even an external sound
    > source connected to the line-in gives no sound. Am I missing
    > something glaringly simple, or is there something wrong with
    > the Nvidia mianboard? :-(

    You have a line-in? Where?

    More info here: http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=43&threadid=47835

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 25, 2004

  3. (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:

    > > You have a line-in? Where?

    The SAN45G has a line ni on ethe back *blue) but it doesn't
    work. Doesn't Shuttle have a sggestion.fix?

    > More info here:
    > http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=43&threadid=
    > 47835

    That's all very well, but I assume that the computer shoult work
    as advertised and shouldn't need a hack... :-(

    Rgds

    Matyin

    Martin Cleaver, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Martin Cleaver <> wrote in message news:<Xns947C76CCC4A95martincleavernl@194.109.133.20>...
    > (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
    >
    > > > You have a line-in? Where?

    > The SAN45G has a line ni on ethe back *blue) but it doesn't
    > work. Doesn't Shuttle have a sggestion.fix?
    >
    > > More info here:
    > > http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=43&threadid=
    > > 47835

    > That's all very well, but I assume that the computer shoult work
    > as advertised and shouldn't need a hack... :-(

    Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine), where Shuttle
    advertise a line-in on the back of the SN45G2?

    When I view the detailed specification, I only see an "out" port:

    Back panel:
    1 x PCI slot
    1 x AGP slot
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    2 x USB2.0 ports
    1 x Serial Port
    1 x RJ45 port
    2 x IEEE1394a Ports
    1x Rear out, 1x Front out, 1x Center/Bass Audio connector
    1 SPDIF In / Out

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 26, 2004
  5. (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:

    > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
    > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
    > SN45G2?

    There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
    it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
    to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)

    Rgds

    Martin

    Martin Cleaver, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Martin Cleaver <> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133.20>...
    > (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
    >
    > > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
    > > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
    > > SN45G2?

    > There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
    > it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
    > to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Martin

    Martin, as far as I can tell, the socket on the back is purely an
    OUT-put port. And nowhere have I seen it advertised by Shuttle as
    doubling as a IN-put port.

    On the other hand, the FRONT-socket is advertised as a dual-purpose
    IN/OUT-port.

    # Backpanel-Anschlüsse:
    1 x PS/2-Maus
    1 x PS/2-Tastatur
    1 x Seriell
    2 x USB 2.0 (4 weitere onboard)
    2 x Firewire (IEEE1394, ein weiterer Anschluß onboard)
    1 x Netzwerk RJ45
    Audio: 3 Anschlüsse für 6-Kanal Ausgabe (Bass/Center, Front, Rear)

    Optische SPDIF Ein- und Ausgänge werden bei SN45G an der
    Gehäuse-Rückseite herausgeführt
    # Onboard-Anschlüsse:
    1 x Diskette (bis zu 2,88 MB)
    4 x USB 2.0 (zwei weitere am Backpanel)
    1 x SPDIF Eingang)
    1 x SPDIF Ausgang
    1 x Infrarot
    1 x Firewire (IEEE1394, zwei weiterere am Backpanel)
    3 x Audio Frontpanel-Anschlüsse (Mikrofon und Line-in/out)
    ...............................................^^^^^^^^^^^
    1 x CDROM Audio-Eingang
    3 x Lüfter (CPU, AGP, Gehäuse)

    So you either have to run your line-in around to the front of the
    SN45G2, or you have to rewire the internals.

    I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but as far as I
    can tell it is the truth.

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Martin Cleaver <> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133.20>...
    > (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
    >
    > > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
    > > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
    > > SN45G2?

    > There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
    > it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
    > to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Martin

    More info + drawings on this line-in problem.

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 27, 2004
  8. Martin Cleaver <> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133.20>...
    > (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
    >
    > > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
    > > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
    > > SN45G2?

    > There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
    > it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
    > to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Martin

    More info + drawings on this line-in problem.

    Edit: Forgot to add the link:

    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38526

    Jan Bruun Andersen, Jan 27, 2004