Shuttle XPC SPDIF Add-on Card

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Paul Goodwin, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. Paul Goodwin

    Paul Goodwin Guest

    Hi Group,

    I am wondering if other people have experienced the following before I
    contact Shuttle on the matter.

    I have two SN41G2 Shuttle XPCs both with the CA-10 SP-DIF card fitted.

    The optical SP-DIF in & out work fine.

    However, the coax Digital connections are a different story.

    The coax output works fine but the coax input does not work at all on either
    machine. All I get is effectively 'white noise' or similar.

    I have tried a DVD player, CD player, amplifier and even another Shuttle to
    feed a signal each with exactly the same result.

    All of the above work fine when connected to the amplifer inputs.

    The only way I can get the Shuttle SP-DIF coax input to work is to
    temporarily wire in a phono socket directly back to the SP-DIF header. This
    works fine!!!

    Looking at the rather poorly designed board layout it appears that the coax
    and optical inputs are paralleled togther rather crudely. Could it be that
    the optical input is interferring with the coax signal as it is the only
    active component on the board!!!

    If anyone has this card have you tried the coax SP-DIF input?? If so, can
    you please tell me your results.

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul Goodwin, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Paul Goodwin

    Lasse Guest

    Hi!
    I have exactly the same config as you I yhisnk, but before I can help you
    (if so) can you please let me know how your configuration is? How do you
    installed it? In what way? Then I maybe can help you but need to know those
    questions first, ok?

    *Lasse*
    :eek:) :eek:) :eek:)

    Lasse, Jan 27, 2004