    before I give up the wait and go ABIT? I've literally been waiting after
    this board to purchase my new computer, for over 4 months now...

    Thanks.

    Jon J. Yeager, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Jon J. Yeager wrote:

    According to Asus Germany, the SLI isn't more expensive than the A8N-E will
    be. And here in Germany the non-SLI type A8V-E Deluxe with VIA K8T890
    chipset has exactly the same price as the A8N-SLI (139 Euro at
    www.alternate.de -and it's listed to be available with 24h).
    I've tested the SLI-board and found it working great with WinXP - but not
    with Linux (Mandrakelinux 10.1 and SuSE 9.2).

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=FCdiger?= Wenzel, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Jon J. Yeager

    LostSoul Guest

    Actually ive used and built abit boards for years. An am going for the
    fatality an8 i beleive its called. An a good 90 nano-meter winchester at the
    highest clock i can get. An im also waiting for ati's new 512 meg videocard
    pci e. As for asus unless ati makes use of dual cards i dont need no
    stinking sli either as im ati type a guy. lol An as for ati im waiting down
    the road further to see another ati single card solution with dual Gpus
    happen :) An it will lol an with 512 of memmory or more mwhahaha

    LostSoul, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Yup, I've been waiting just as long, then finally last week, the SLI board
    was on special offer, priced substantially less than the list price for the
    non-SLI board, so I thought what's the point in waiting?

    Got it, only using one graphic card, don't suppose I will ever use two, but
    at least the facility is there if I need it.

    What's the point in waiting longer, for a board which will offer less, but
    cost more?

    Malcolm Clark, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Jon J. Yeager

    joe~V~3838 Guest

    Hey Jon, I agree with you, I've been waiting for the N4 ultra
    mb's to get out in retail too. A friend and I are also disappointed
    in all the first release SLI mbs... I guess Nvidia wanted to sell
    as many as they could before they made the N4 ultras hit the
    market in force.........
    I'm going to wait a few more weeks and then go by some
    N4 utra board...... Leaning towards the Msi K8N Neo4 Plat.
    or DFI Lanparty UT Ultra D mb.........

    good luck

    joe

    joe~V~3838, Feb 26, 2005