SiI 3112 and 3114 drivers

Discussion in 'Abit' started by tlviewer, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. tlviewer

    tlviewer Guest

    Hello,

    We all have heard enough about problems with the
    SiI 3112 Sata controller found on the IC7-G board.

    Someone in the Gigabyte mainboard group posted this.
    http://www.siliconimage.com/support/downloadresults.aspx?pid=28&bios=0&drive
    rs=1&sataraid=0

    these drivers are more current than what comes new with the
    IC7-G mainboard (I got mine 12-01-2004).

    After updating, I'm testing them now with the combination
    Plextor px-712a (SATA) DVD Writer w/ Nero 6.6

    Maybe someone knows a good reason not to do this or will
    know in advance that "it won't make any difference."

    regards,
    tlviewer

    tlviewer, Jan 1, 2005