SilentTek 2 not available on any mobo? And what is the "best" mobo?

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Verbruggen, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Verbruggen

    Verbruggen Guest

    I'm looking for a new mobo for some time now. I've compared some boards and
    found the AX4C Max II quiet nice. But as I was looking again today I
    compared the Max II against the AX4C Max. I thought the Max II had SilentTek
    2, but I found out that there isn't a board that supports it??!

    And what astonished me too is that the differences between the Max and the
    Max II are quite minimal! I thought the Max II had more stuff (to make it
    Silent) than the Max.

    Does anyone know why SilentTek 2 is not available?, and if you have some
    comment / tips on what board to buy (ax4c max / max II or an other
    (comparable) mobo) is most appreciated

    Thanks!

    J. Verbruggen

    Verbruggen, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Verbruggen

    Herb Guest

    I am using Silent Tek Ver 3.12.30 from the AOpen web site
    on the AX4B Pro 533 and similar MB's

    Recently built a couple of systems using the AX4PER
    and the AX4P Plus

    Herb, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Verbruggen

    Verbruggen Guest

    "Herb" <"atab(FOTFS)"@accesswave.ca> schreef in bericht
    > I am using Silent Tek Ver 3.12.30 from the AOpen web site
    > on the AX4B Pro 533 and similar MB's
    >
    > Recently built a couple of systems using the AX4PER
    > and the AX4P Plus

    Thanks for the reply

    Verbruggen, Sep 6, 2003