Silicon Image SATA Raid Driver not working.

Discussion in 'MSI' started by johnnyicon, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. johnnyicon

    johnnyicon Guest

    Hi,
    I have just bought a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI motherboard, and I have
    an PATA Maxtor HD. I decided to format my HD while I was at it and
    re-install Windows XP. Anyways... after re-installing Windows I used
    all Driver CDs that came with the motherboard, thinking that everything
    would work fine, but it didn't. At first, I got this notification for
    "New Hardware found - Mass Storage Controller". I let Windows do its
    thing and find the driver for it, but it came back with "There was an
    error with installing these drivers."

    I went into device manager and found it was referring to Silicon Image
    SATA Raid Controller. So I tried un-installing and re-installing
    manually. The driver is on the CD, but each time I re-install it yields
    the same thing, "This device could not be started."

    I've never had a SATA Raid mobo before, so I'm not even all to sure if
    its necessary since I'm not even using a SATA/RAID harddisk, but I
    still want to get it fixed because it's annoying the hell out of me! :D

    I have downloaded the drivers from the Silicon Image website, same
    result.

    Any ideas?!

    johnnyicon, Sep 28, 2005