    is it likely to be "old version, no longer in production",
    just a couple of weeks later,
    equivalent to the first Pentium 4 Socket ??

    nobody here, Dec 26, 2003

  2. nobody here

    Wes Newell Guest

    The Athlon 64 FX series also uses the 940.
    There is a plan to change to a smaller pin count, but I'm not sure if the
    cpu will be backwards compatible. In any case, I'd count on a new MB the
    next time you upgrade.

    Wes Newell, Dec 26, 2003

  3. nobody here

    rms Guest

    ie: if a CPU and motherboard is bought within the next few weeks,
    Why be so worried about this? I just read that videocard makers will
    phase out AGP videocards by mid-2004 for pci-express. This would make all
    motherboards and videocards 'obselete'. So what? We are only talking $400
    at the most for both cpu+mobo, that will work fine for a couple of years at
    least.

    rms

    rms, Dec 27, 2003