Silverstone TJ06 mounting rails

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Keith, Oct 31, 2007.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Hi, all.

    I've got my system built, thanks to help from Arno on the question of
    power cables... but I've run into a problem with the rails for
    mounting a Rosewill card reader in a 3.5" bay in the front of a
    Silverstone TJ06 case.
    http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=tj06&area=usa

    This case uses a screwless mounting arrangement. A rail clips to the
    each side of a drive: a sort of hook under the edge and a lug into a
    screw hole of the drive, then the rails engage in cages in the case.

    This worked well for the hard drives in the internal cage and for the
    DVD burner in a 5.25" bay (once I'd figured it out and used pliers to
    align the lugs properly).

    But I can't figure out how to fit the card reader into the 3.5" bay.

    I've tried the internal cage rails, and I've tried the 5.25" bay
    rails, but I cannot get the right fit.

    Has anybody on here had experience of this case or similar rails in a
    3.5" bay?

    K.

    Keith, Oct 31, 2007