    i bought very good ram sticks corsair xms 3200 which are supposed to work
    very well in dual channel mode...is it the performace loss of single channel
    mode very significant?

    loopus in fabula, Jul 13, 2003

  2. loopus in fabula

    edde Guest

    Not really.
    Maybe 2%-3% difference.
    Dual Channel really only helps the boards with onboard video (and the intel
    chipsets).
    A good stick of ram with fast timings will more than make up the difference.
    :)

    edde, Jul 13, 2003

  3. loopus in fabula

    rstlne Guest

    You put the ram in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 3?

    he put them in the slots closest to the MagneticScrewdriver
    ... i think his point is "This board doesnt support dual-ddr".. not "Why isnt
    it working in dual-ddr"

    rstlne, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Read again, he said he has a A7N8X-X which doesn't support dual channel, and
    he wanted to know how much performance he would lose not beeing able to use
    dual chan.

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jul 13, 2003
  5. loopus in fabula

    LiveWire Guest

    i ordered an a7n8x MB in my pc and when finally i was home i discovered
    the
    No, it isn't significant at all.

    Most people don't realize that dual channel memory is almost pointless on an
    nforce2 motherboard, which is probably why Asus didn't bother to implement
    it on the A7N8X-X. Considering the fact you want to keep the memory
    frequency synced with the FSB for stablity, there is really no bottleneck
    between the CPU and the memory when both run at the same frequency
    (100%/sync). Any performance increase is (generally) going to be minimal at
    best and most likely only realized when benchmarking.

    You still made a smart purchase with the Corsair XMS 3200.

    LiveWire, Jul 16, 2003