    matter how they are put on the appropriate pin or is it just a matter of
    making contact ? If it does matter how their are put on the pin, how
    does one determine in which of the 4 directions the connector is placed ?

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Guest

    0_Qed Guest

    Edw.,
    Your 'last' comment =pegged= it !!!
    Exactly.

    I think an RTFM of the Kama Sutra would give you the data you need.
    Of the '59'. I suggest #31.

    <VBG>
    Qed.

    PS- Good 'one'.

    0_Qed, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Which one was that.
    I didn't realize case connectors could be so sexy. Does the 39th sexual
    position give me the answer to how to position my case connectors ?

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  4. connection header. Since these single pin connectors are square does it
    It doesn't matter, you already answered your question:
    "Since these single pin connectors are square"

    Sometimes these little plastic housings are open on one side
    and you can see the metal snap in contact inside.
    I always try to avoid to have these open sides face to face
    when I place them in parallel on a two row pin connector.

    Most important is to put the connectors on the matching pins.
    i.e. USB
    +5V red to the back on KW7
    -Data white
    +Data green
    GND black to the front on KW7

    The single pin to the front: no contact

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the information.
    Good idea. I do see printing on all the single pin connectors to tell me
    what they are. I will put the printed side all in the same direction
    just to be consistent.
    I am not sure what you mean by "to the back" or "to the front" but there
    is a diagram both for all the single pin connectors from the case and in
    the KW7 manual for what they are and I can match them up correctly.
    Do not know what you mean by "no contact".

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    0_Qed Guest

    If it does matter how their are put on the pin, how
    does one determine in which of the 4 directions the connector is placed
    ?

    Just 'joshing' you a bit.
    Except for 'cosmetics', I'd opine any of the " 4 ways " is fine.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Dec 21, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I could argue that since there is printed information on each pin, to
    tell me what the pin is for, that means something as far as direction is
    concerned.
    Makes it easier. Thanks for the info.

    Eddie

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  8. I am not sure what you mean by "to the back" or "to the front" but there

    Well, usually the pci slots and cards are pointing to the back of the
    computer,
    and the onboard PS/2 connectors etc. look through the backplane.
    In other words: Do not contact.

    Regards
    Fritz

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Dec 21, 2005
  9. Guest

    0_Qed Guest

    Edw.,
    Bit of a 'stretch' , but thats OK.

    Turn_about =is= fair 'play'.

    Truely 'square' pins, & mating connectors, are considered
    a bit more stable in thier "contact",
    typically more 'wipe' surface than rnd.

    Added, the embeddment of the sqr pin(s), in the mobe substrate,
    is considered as being 'some' structurally stronger.

    Season's Greetings,
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Dec 21, 2005
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I love building my own computer but single pin connectors are a PITA to
    get in their corresponding pins, especially when they are twisted or
    climped together at the end of a wire and their are seven or eight
    single pins in that group which one has to place on their correct pins
    almost all at once. I understand why case manufacturers have to do it,
    since mobos arrange the connections to which single pin connectors refer
    in many different ways, but that does not make it easier for me and my
    fairly large hands and consequently big fingers. Never mind my innate
    clumsiness <g>.

    As always thanks for the info.

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005