    My guess is a processor failure rather than the motherboard.

    Can anyone confirm?

    Davius

    Davius, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Davius

    Dr Ratt Guest

    definitely possible, but also ensure both cpus are exactly the same
    steppings etc
    older microcode will run on newer cpus but not vice versa
    i had an s2460 & 1 x mp1600+ replaced under warranty, the replacement cpu
    was made from a different coloured substrate to the original, i would
    receive errors when the newer cpu was in socket 0 but everything was fine
    when it was in socket 1
    try the cpus 1 at a time & investigate all steppings etc via wcpuid [i think
    3.30 is current]
    dr ratt

    Dr Ratt, Jul 14, 2004