SIS 755-a

Discussion in 'ECS' started by smith, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. smith

    smith Guest

    hi all

    have a major problem with my board. i cannot get USB 2 enabled. its there as
    i have had it working before i formatted though i do not know how, it just
    started working. now even with the damned windows XP drivers that everyone
    is supposed to use i cannot get my card reader to work in usb2 mode, the pc
    just gives that error saying "hi speed device plugged into slow port" now i
    have tried it in every port but the thing is the card reader has been on my
    front ports and it was working around 2 weeks ago, i do not know what has
    changed. i have service pack 1 installed and was thinking of installing an
    XP without it and then it might work with the drivers from the disk that now
    say "cannot install, please use the ones with ur operating system"

    anyone know a way around this like replacing usb device drivers on the
    system dir's or something??

    anyone??

    Dan

    smith, Oct 11, 2004

  2. smith

    Thagor Guest

    I have XP SP2 going and I'm using the motherboard mfg. drivers, (VIA) I
    downloaded from their web site. It seems to be working fine.

    If they don't have any mfg. drivers on the web site, you may want to try
    removing all USB devices from the Hdw Device manager then reboot and let XP
    install everything back. You may have to go into safe mode to remove all
    the USB host controllers and hubs.

    Thagor, Oct 11, 2004

  3. smith

    smith Guest

    how can you have the via ones installed ?? our board is an SIS chipset not
    via ?

    if you have managed it i would like to know how tho of course, have
    installed SP2 now and it still will not work in USB 2 mode

    smith, Oct 12, 2004
  5. smith

    Tod Guest

    Your 755-A main chipset is SIS, but may use VIA's for minor stuff.
    My 735 SIS chipset board also uses VIA for some USB functions.

    Tod, Oct 12, 2004
  6. smith

    PJx Guest

    Mine uses both too. It seems the main one is SIS 7001PCI to USB

    PJx, Oct 14, 2004
  7. smith

    smith Guest

    Mine uses both too. It seems the main one is SIS 7001PCI to USB

    when i install it, all my USB things do not work :-(

    smith, Oct 14, 2004