    Look it up.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006

  2. Raid is pretty stupid if you want more write speed.

    Bye, Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006

  3. Speed is one thing.

    Storage capacity is another.

    I got a jummy 1 terrabyte of storage for starters.

    Eat your heat out.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  4. Says someone who has never heard of os caches.

    Peace out bro.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  5. What software ?

    My drive came with nothing !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  6. I like the harddisk performance. I like the operating system performance
    even better.

    I just wanna know what explains the difference I am seeing.

    And now I know.

    I like to look at total system performance ok.

    Just looking at the harddisk performance doesn't cut it for me ;)

    Seeing 500+ MB/sec transfer rate across a file floats my boat :p*

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  7. Bullshit.

    Windows XP 64 bit is proving you wrong on that.

    You simply can't stand it.

    The application doesn't know what's under the hood.

    For all it cares there are fucking nanotubes under the hood.

    **** off jack.

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Pooh Bear Guest

    I know about that stuff.

    The simple hard fact remains - you can't transfer data than the drive's
    physical ability to read it you clot !

    Graham

    Pooh Bear, May 6, 2006
  9. Skybuck Flying

    Pooh Bear Guest

    What are you going to do with it ? Eat it ? Hope it tastes good !
    Most ppl here actually have lives - they don't obsess about PC specs.

    Graham

    Pooh Bear, May 6, 2006
  10. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    lol what for I have 2x500 Haitachis as well

    Craig Sutton, May 6, 2006
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Still nothing to do with your claim that your Haitachi will do 500 MB/s

    Craig Sutton, May 6, 2006
  12. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    (SIGH)

    You mean you didn't install the tool that sets your Haitachi to SATA2 mode?
    no wonder your readings are low. But hey your the EXPERT (yeah right..)

    Craig Sutton, May 6, 2006
  13. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Enjoy your wanking it might be about as good as your crap programming that
    gives a 500 MB/sec transfer rate.....

    Go download some REAL benchmarking tools and get back to us with some real
    readings.

    Craig Sutton, May 6, 2006
  14. Dude **** off.

    I am not gonna mess with my drive with silly dos tools.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  15. I did that.... maybe you missing the postings in the other sub threads.

    Google is your friend.

    It happens when people mess up the cross posting :D

    Shoot them ;)

    Bye, bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 6, 2006
  16. Skybuck Flying

    Scotter Guest

    Most 3D rendering programs primarily use the CPU.

    --
    Scotter
    Tyan Thunder K8WE

    Scotter, May 6, 2006
  17. Skybuck Flying

    Scotter Guest

    Apparently you didn't look at the "god box," which blows away your lame lil
    3800 thing.

    Scotter, May 6, 2006
  18. Weenie. Here's some inspiration for a DIY:

    http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/62/1/

    I prefer the Sangaku, the wife tends toward the redwood.

    Mark L. Fergerson

    Mark L. Fergerson, May 6, 2006
  19. Skybuck Flying

    JAD Guest

    very year we have to read this BS. What happened to 2005s fantasy machine?
    You haven't even purchased a single part. This is simply a listing of the
    newest, greatest and most expensive stuff. 512 Mb video card............4
    gigs of memory,,,,,,,,,,,,,terabyte hard drives ... running a space
    station? Forget the price of the thing, what practical use does it have?
    what do you do for a living where you might use something like this? Bottom
    line,,when the neutron bomb goes off, your 5000 dollar machine dies with
    the all the rest. 5000 dollar benchmark runner and Newsgroup fantasy

    ridiculous!

    JAD, May 6, 2006
  20. Skybuck Flying

    JAD Guest