    Ouch !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Skybuck Flying

    adsci Guest

    same here, pal. the card i want is not available or to expensive. only
    option would be x850xt 256MB but i want a card with HDR.

    greetings
    marcel

    adsci, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Skybuck Flying

    jaster Guest

    Try ordering online?

    jaster, Jan 25, 2006
  4. Skybuck Flying

    daytripper Guest

    Lots o' luck. I was just speaking with one of the young interns at my work who
    has been kitting his own xtreme gaming peecee and he's been trying to get two
    of these very same video cards for weeks. He finally snatched one off eBay in
    the last few days (I spared him the question how much he got socked for it ;-)
    and has no idea when he'll get the second...

    daytripper, Jan 25, 2006
  5. Skybuck Flying

    John Doe Guest

    And this information has to be crossposted, why?

    John Doe, Jan 25, 2006
  6. Skybuck Flying

    daytripper Guest

    [.../]
    Irony Meter

    See, our young Starbuck Flying is a precocious nitwit, with big dreams and a
    cash-flow problem. He didn't realize that "home-built" means more than just
    picking big chunks out of a catalog. A rather innocent mistake, I think.

    But, as a grizzled 'netcop, what's *your* excuse for not paring the group
    list? Or at least trimming the quote down? Hmmmm?

    achp-h must be wicked pissah proud of you representing the group....

    ahahahahahahahahahah!

    daytripper, Jan 25, 2006
  7. Skybuck Flying

    John Lewis Guest

    Gives you more time to earn money on your newspaper-delivery round.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 25, 2006
  8. Skybuck Flying

    cooler guy Guest

    he's the resident dickhead

    cooler guy, Jan 25, 2006
  9. Skybuck Flying

    sacrum Guest

    sacrum, Jan 25, 2006
  10. You could get a radeon x1900xt or x1900xtx. The x1900xt is overall
    roughly as fast as the 7800gtx-512 while quite a bit cheaper, and the
    x1900xtx is also in the same pricerange (which is, no matter how you
    look at it, hideously expensive). They _should_ be available quite
    easily within a week or so in Europe (some stores have them with that
    shipping date).
    Or if you really want to go with the green team, wait for the GF7900,
    but from all I know you'd wait several months.

    Roland

    Roland Scheidegger, Jan 25, 2006
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Skybuck Guest

    Hi,

    I hope that card will make somebody very happy =D but it won't be me =D

    I like to have the option of buying another one of those cards after a
    while... only a few where produced so that would be hard.

    Second I don't have any experience with buying from such an electronic
    ;) market place... what if you send me a box with bricks in em ? ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck, Jan 26, 2006
  12. Skybuck Flying

    Folk Guest

    Translation:

    "I don't intend to buy any of this stuff. I've been posting this
    'dream machine' crap on Usenet for going on two years now and haven't
    bought a single fucking thing."

    Folk, Jan 26, 2006
  13. Skybuck Flying

    deimos Guest

    What's that saying about people who title posts about themselves in the
    third person? Hrm...

    deimos, Jan 26, 2006
  14. Nope... without the graphics card, I can't test the LCD monitor...

    If the lcd monitor has bad pixels it must go back immediatly ;)

    Besides waiting is good <- price drops =D or new stuff.

    Bye,
    Skybuck

    Skybuck Flying, Jan 26, 2006
  15. Skybuck Flying

    Paul Guest

    "Geforce 7800 GTX 512 finally surfacing" (Tuesday 24 January 2006)
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29220

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 27, 2006
  16. Skybuck Flying

    John Lewis Guest

    And the 7900-series will launch at Cebit 2006, which starts on March
    5, 2006.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 28, 2006