Slightly OT - HP logic analyzers, 16500a,b,c

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Jim Stewart, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Jim Stewart

    Jim Stewart Guest

    Yesterday I picked up a 160 channel state/timing module
    for a 16500 series logic analyzer at my local surplus-
    monger. I paid essentially zero for it. Now I'm looking
    for a cheap mainframe to plug it into.

    I noticed that 16500-series mainframes come in 3
    flavors, with the c version having a DOS disk drive.
    It also appears that some of the versions support
    ftp and some sort of a remote x-based console.

    C versions come up on ebay from time to time with
    the HD either removed or non-functional. Is it
    possible to install a commodity HD and reload the
    software? HP's support site doesn't seem to have
    the files to reload the HD.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Jim Stewart, Feb 12, 2004